This ancient town lies at the westernmost part of Ceskomoravska vrchovina at the elevation of 550 metres above sea level. Often called “the Gate of Ceskomoravska vrchovina”. Though it is one of the finest ecologically untouched place in Czech Republic it ranks among the less explored. Thanks to local annual festival, Pelhrimov is often associated with the town of records and curiosity. In 1550 the Ricanstis from Ricany became to possess the town. The local chateau was built in order of them. Pelhrimov was promoted to a township in 1596. At that time a big building expansion had been happening. The industry developing at the end of 19th century had another great influence on the town. Among all the brushing, knitting industry and a manufacture of agricultural machines set in here.